Re: [leafnode-list] already available upstream?

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> Eric van Looijengoed wrote:

Ok, first of all thanks for your quick response. :)

> > After changing ISP's, i seem to have a problem when i try to post:
> >
> > --
> > 1.9.11: verbosity level is 4
> > Trying to connect to news.cablewanadoo.nl ... connected.
> > 1466-954250896-1 already available upstream
> > Getting new newsgroups from news.cablewanadoo.nl
> > --

> An article with the message id used in 1446-954250896-1 is already
> available upstream. This usually means that it was already posted
> e.g. through your old news server (I have so far never encountered
> the actual event of duplicate message ids). Just remove the file from
> /var/spool/news/out.going/ and you should be fine.

I was kind of incomplete with my last posting, sorry about that.
I also should have told here, that after running fetchnews the article DOES
disapear from /var/spool/news/out.going/ as if it was posted, i checked this
before, and after running fetchnews.
This also isnt a 'one article' incident, i have tried at least 20 times posting
to two different test groups witth different test postings, but everytime with
the same outcome.

> (To be sure that the two articles are identical, you can retrieve the
> article manually by message id from your upstream newsserver. Just do
> something like
>
> telnet your.upstream.server nntp | tee article
> (possibly you have to authenticate yourself:)
> authinfo user yourname
> authinfo pass secretword
> article <message-id of 1446-954250896-1>
> quit

Ok, i tried this, but all the server returned was:

423 No such article number in this group

So again I'm lost here, first the server tells me the article is already
upstream, and when I check through telnet it isn't there at all.

I get the feeling something up there with my ISP isn't right, or maybe I did
something verry stupid, all I know is that I've used leafnode for a few years
without any of these problems with my other ISP.

I will get in touch with them.

Thanks for you time, and your quick response,

Eric