[leafnode-list] Leafnode without upstream

We successfully installed leafnode in the hope to get the possibility to
allow our users to access internally a newsgroup for gossip. Just
without exchanging news with the "outside". Now after a few hours of
trying we got the impression that it is not possible to use leafnode
this way.

Is there any way to get leafnode run in the way we want or if not, which
program can handle this requirement?

We installed leafnode that came along with SuSE6.4 and it  is embedded
correctly.

Greetings
Bastian Engelmann