Re: [leafnode-list] Still fighting with delaybody mode

Juergen Salk <juergen.salk@xxxxxx> writes:

> Sorry, but you've missed the point. This is exactly the sort of patch
> which prevents fetchnews from writing back junk if the requested
> article could not be retrieved.

Then your analysis is right, and the fix is bad.

> Concerning your reflections on error checking, I'd urge you to
> have a look at how strdup() is used throughout the whole code.
> I've used it in a consistent way on my part.

Yes, but I'd like get rid of this way of thinking "it won't happen to
me" and not checking the return value. The current problems with graceful
error handling are that:

- leafnode prefers the "jump out of the window if I can't get enough
  memory" (critmalloc)

- leafnode's "functions" fulfill actually more than one function (most
  of them at least), and so a GRACEFUL exit is a major pain in many
  functions.

leafnode is far from being ready for release in terms of code quality.