[leafnode-list] Problems compiling leafnode-2.0b8

I'm trying to install Leafnode 2.0b8 at Cornelius' suggestion, but I'm
having trouble compiling it.  Here's the output from make:

gcc -g -O2 -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -g -o leafnode nntpd.o config.o -L. -llnutil -lsocket
-lnsl -lcrypt
getline                             ./liblnutil.a(getaline.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to leafnode
make: *** [leafnode] Error 1

I'm using gcc 2.8.1 (I also tried with 2.95.2), on Solaris 7 x86.  Anyone
have any suggestions?

--
Donald Roeber
"I've had amnesia more times than I can remember"