Re: [leafnode-list] error: NNTP server went away

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:20:35PM +0100, Martin Bretschneider wrote:
> since today I've a big problem with my leafnode. I have checked the FAQ but
> the hints haven't worked. Now I'm going to list each relevant information:
>
> /var/log/warn:
> [...]
> Mar 19 21:58:07 martin fetchnews[2915]: NNTP server went away
> Mar 19 21:58:37 martin fetchnews[2978]: NNTP server went away
> [...]
>
> root@martin:/etc/leafnode > fetchnews -vvv
> 1.9.14: verbosity level is 3
> Trying to connect to news.cis.dfn.de ... failed.

Cite from http://news.cis.dfn.de:

The server machine is down because of a defect hardware board. The
replacement part will be delivered and installed at 20th of March.
We expect the service to be up and running as usual afterwards.

I think, that's your (our) problem.
--
-hl-