Re: [leafnode-list] Access-Control

Detlef Jockheck wrote:
> is it possible to get informations about the leafnode-usage:
>
> 1. who (which ip or which user) is subscribing newsgroup x

Not in a simple fashion. It could be implemented if authentication
is used (see below). Since Leafnode is called from inetd (or a similar
program), it does not know anything about IP numbers. It just reads
input from stdin and responds on stdout. Everything else is achieved
by the inetd.

Of course you could, with fairly verbose logging (and maybe a little
patch), manage to extract from your syslog which leafnode process
subscribed to newsgroup x and then find out from which IP number this
process was requested. However, this does not really sound like fun :-)

> 2. Is it possible to use authentification for users?

With the 2.0beta versions, yes.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */