Re: [leafnode-list] 2.0b8_ma3 leafnode very slow

John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> When I compiled it, the directory for the config files was /etc and
> leafnode did not like it when I put the -F option in the inetd.conf
> line to change it to /etc/news/leafnode where my configs are.
>
> When I tried to use debug mode on it, nothing came out.

Ah, ok. The entire -F handling was broken all over the place, thanks for
reporting this. The new configuration file name was copied and written
into memory, but not passed back to the program that parsed the -F
option. Will be fixed in 2.0b8_ma4.

> Well, nothing came out when I appended -D to the end of the leafnode
> command in the inetd.conf .  I restarted it, but no log files were
> changed.  At one point I even stopped my syslog daemon hoping that the
> messages would come to the console, but nothing happened.

<shrug> Does your syslog.conf list debug priority for your news log
file? If not so, syslogd discards the output.