Re: [leafnode-list] 2.0b8_ma3 leafnode very slow

On 1 Jul 2001, Matthias Andree wrote:

> John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Hi.  I have installed 2.0b8_ma3 and leafnode has a couple of problems.
> >
> > First, it seg faults if the -F option is used.
>
> Who? fetchnews? leafnode? Both behave here. Could you make a copy of
> your config and filters files, replace your usernames and passwords with
> SECRET, and send the copy of that configuration files to me? (Send
> private mail, please.)

When I compiled it, the directory for the config files was /etc and
leafnode did not like it when I put the -F option in the inetd.conf
line to change it to /etc/news/leafnode where my configs are.

When I tried to use debug mode on it, nothing came out.

> > Second, its very slow when a program wants to read its active file (I
> > guess by list, but I'd have to check).
>
> leafnode logs incoming NNTP commands if debugmode is 1 or higher, so
> that's the easy part.

Well, nothing came out when I appended -D to the end of the leafnode
command in the inetd.conf .  I restarted it, but no log files were
changed.  At one point I even stopped my syslog daemon hoping that the
messages would come to the console, but nothing happened.

--
         John Covici
         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx