Re: [leafnode-list] Generating Message-IDs

Stefan Kempf <kempf_stefan@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello folks,
>
> as we all know, leafnode generates Msg-IDs like
> 1245.8.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> This can create non-valid IDs if my-hostname.my-domain is no FQDN.
> Therefore, I added an option create_msg_id in the config file and
> changed some source files. Work has to be done on other files, too.

No way this is going in. You're just building DupeToss v2.0. We've
already had enough of this fuss with stupid gateways and people who have
i in their $QMAILINJECT and run fetchmail with that environment. No need
to eat Message-IDs later.

We can however discuss code addition if you find a _reliable_ way to
verify that the presumed fqdn is actually valid...

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin