[leafnode-list] Re: Peer Leafnodes?

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> On a more practical note, I have heard from several people who had
> used leafnode on a second computer downstream from another leafnode,
> and this seems to work fine. I have, however, not yet heard of people
> using two leafnodes "at the same level", i.e. exchanging messages
> with each other, but cannot imagine why this configuration should not
> work.

I use the latter setup to synchronise news between my laptop and my
desktop PC.  Basically, this works but there's one major pitfall:
postings intended to appear on real upstream servers must be posted
directly and not via the other leafnode server (in this case leafnode
naturally won't post articles upstream received by other upstream
servers [leafnode in this case]) .  I often forgot this...

Cheers, Ray
--
Raymond Scholz - rscholz@xxxxxxxx - PGP - http://www.zonix.de/