Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.20.rc8 - server initialize failure

Ralf Wildenhues schrieb am Donnerstag, den 21. März 2002:

> unusual.  If it segfaults, find the core file (most likely to be found
> with 'find /var/spool/news -name core') and provide a backtrace.

Leafnode 1.9.x programs do not dump core. (configutil.c has setrlimits
to prevent that).

But I support Ralf's suggestion that you need to configure an fqdn, it's
described in README, seciont "UPDATE FROM VERSIONS < 1.9.20", item #2.

However, I just figured that leafnode programs would not log this
condition, so grepping the logs will lead you nowhere, just running
/usr/local/sbin/leafnode would hint you. I'm fixing this, and the client
will see (in one line)

503 Leafnode must have a fully-qualified domain name. Have its
administrator fix the configuration. More detail is in the logs.

And the server will log:
leafnode[23088]:  Leafnode must have a fully-qualified domain name, not just "test". Edit your /etc/hosts file to add a fully qualified domain name.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, BTW, just adding a domain to localhost will not work. Obtain an
FQDN, there are plenty of FQDN sites that offer an FQDN for free
available. See the Message-ID FAQ that you can find with Google.