Re: [leafnode-list] Why was support for 8 bit characters in headers

"Peter N. M. Hansteen" <peter@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Breaking existing systems in order to make the world behave. I see.
> I'll see what I can find out from the gnus docs, but I'm convinced
> this will not contribute to leafnode's popularity.

Does your news reader post proper UTF-8 in the subject? If not so, it
will have to be fixed one way or the other anyhow. To check, look at the
hexdump (with hexdump, od, xxd, hexl mode in emacs, vche or something)
'70 E5'(hex) is "wrong" for 'på' (ISO-8859-1/-15), '70 C3 A5'(hex) is
"right" (UTF-8).