Re: [leafnode-list] Freebsd 4.6.1; Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Try downloading and unpacking the current 1.9.25.devel tarball
> (http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/), and drop the new
> checkpeerlocal.c file into your port's workdir, remove the
> make_done-file (don't recall the proper name, try ls -a in the work/
> directory) and re-run make, then make deinstall, make install. If that
> does not help, sorry, please wait for 1.9.25. I'm still catching up with
> mail before I can fix that.

Hum, just taking the one file will not work out, so you need to install
the current devel version from http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
and install PCRE globally ("cd /usr/ports/*/pcre ; make install clean"
should do) -- regretfully, leafnode devel versions won't install from
the port unless you modify your /usr/ports/news/leafnode/Makefile --
sorry, I have no time to support this ATM. I will press forward the
1.9.25 with my time allowing that, hoping to get something working into
the Ports collection that is to ship with FreeBSD 4.7 at least.