Re: [leafnode-list] Silly Newbie question

on 9/10/02 2:42 AM, Matthias Andree at ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>> I use Forté Agent and the delaybody setting. I grab the latest
>> headers, mark some articles to be downloaded, and fetch them. This
>> brings back a message saying "Article ... has been selected" or
>> similar. Now, at the next run of fetchnews, I assume it goes and grabs
>> the body, so I delete the temporary body in agent and re-fetch. But
>> this always results in Message Unavailable status.
>
> What does Forté's "delete" function do? Does it help to just leave it
> alone? The "pseudo" article should go away by itself.
>
> But, as Ralf said, not all newsreaders cope with delaybody. Those that
> cache "article read" by Message-ID rather than article number are bound
> to fail.
>
> There's no easy solution to this problem.

I think the problem with Agent might be the crosspost management system.  I
believe it uses Message-ID to figure out if the article is a duplicate.
Maybe the user should turn off crosspost management and it might work.  It
is a setting under default properties, I believe.

Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)