Re: [leafnode-list] rnews -- usage?

Sorry for letting that issue rest aside for a very long time. I simply
was occupied with other things, and could not investigate into this
topic further.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:58:24AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
[...]
> UUCP-only boxes have not yet seen much testing, mostly because some
> mechanism to "post" (via uux into a remote rnews) news upstream other
> than NNTP is lacking.

Well, I got everything working (read below), but this.

> > After some minor tweaking (rnews wouldn't decompress gzip'ed batches,
> > support for bzip2[1]) the batches are accepted and the actual files are
> > written to ${spool}/message.id/... (store_stream returns 0).
>
> Can you share your tweaks? Feel free to send them to my mail address
> privately.

You have mail. ;->

> > However, the 'real' directories for the different groups aren't being
> > created.
>
> Euhm. Anything in the logs? Trouble should be logged.

The "trouble" for this one used a keyboard. I did not set
"create_all_links=1" in leafnode's configuration.

[...]
> connected. You'd also need a means to get articles from "out.going"
> batched and sent to the remote rnews with uux, such software does not
> yet ship with leafnode.

I added (to 'contrib/simple-batcher.sh') the functionality to hand the
articles over to uux, however, my upstream-site does not publish them
-- I think I'm missing some sort of required header, there.

Here's an example of an article as it appears in the UUCP queue:

= begin inserted file: D.001A
#! rnews 239