Re: [leafnode-list] Upgrading leafnode from 1.9.27 to 2.0.0.alpha20021108b and keeping old spool dir?

Charlie Grosvenor schrieb am Samstag, den 28. Dezember 2002:

> 	I first of all copied my news spool dir to /var/spool/news.old. I
> then compiled leafnode version 2.0.0.alpha20021108b and tested it with a new
> spool dir and it works fine. I have then deleted the /var/spool/news
> directory and moved my backup news spool dir back again. I then ran:

The hashing algorithm changed from 1.9.x to 2.0.x, so the news spool
will be unaccessible by Message-ID at least. Running "texpire -r" might
fix it, but this has not been tested for a while and may not work.

As to the time it takes, I cannot say. It's strange though it doesn't
print anything in -vvvv mode or above, there should be plenty of screen
output. Try attaching strace or some other syscall tracer (truss,
ktrace, trace), like strace -p 1234, where 1234 is the Process ID (PID)
of fetchnews. Pressing Ctrl-Z and then entering "jobs -l ; fg" should
print the PID in bash or ksh at least.