Re: [leafnode-list] Odd one.

No, I just want something that I have proved to be reliable.  I don't have the
know-how to contribute to development, although I don't mind running simple
tests on request.  If you asked me for a back-trace or similar, I wouldn't
know where to start.  I am basically an "end-user."  1.9.19 was O.K. by me -
basically all I need is a local database of postings.  I don't use filters.
That said, i am a great fan of leafnode.  Mandrake 9.0 uses 1.9.24, and I have
been using 1.9.29 since it came out.

I installed 1.9.33 using checkinstall, but I still had to configure xinetd,
using the FAQ.  The Mandrake RPMs update xinetd and put texpire in
cron.daily.  I only have to set up the config file, and add to hosts.allow
and hosts.deny.  Mandrake is getting a bit like Windoze. They put things in
non-standard places, so only their own packages will install without
problems, or at least a minor config exercise.  I can't speak for the other
distros.

Doug.

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 04:22 am, you wrote:
> Doug Laidlaw schrieb am 2003-03-18:
> > O.K.  Going back to 1.9.29-1mdk.i586.
>
> Is there something about 1.9.36 that prevents you from installing it?
> The DATE check is no show stopper, it just complains but continues work
> as usual.

Yes, i agree with that.