Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode list strangely corrupts headers?

Grahame Cooper <Grahame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I do think I realize what the problem was now. I did until recently have
> jandg-cooper.com listed as a cname for cooper-linux.jandg-cooper.com, so
> perhaps the mail list server was canonicalizing the domain part of the
> address as part of the header rewriting. I have removed that cname entry
> from the DNS at the weekend, so that's may be why the problem seems to
> have disappeared since Saturday.

That is the reason. Sendmail canonicalizes headers, Postfix recently
ceased doing so, I'm unsure about Exim and qmail (but IIRC, qmail
doesn't canonicalize).

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/