[leafnode-list] Leafnode and downloading news

Leafnode appears to be working correctly.  Just two little problems for now.

At the end of the downloading news message process the following message
appears:
"Forked child process to update XOVER information."
Is this something I need to worry about?

And does leafnode always up-date the list of newsgroups when first connecting
to the news server?
If so how can I speed up the process by instructing leafnode to only do this
say every 21 days.