Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode not touching interesting.groups

matthew.malthouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> After a time not using my local leafnode I came back to it.  Thinking I
> knew what was supposed to happen I did
> #  touch /leafnode/news/interesting.groups/*
> to that I wouldn't lose my subscriptions then ran fetchnews.

The canonical way to achieve this is running "fetchnews -n". However,
leafnode looks at the ctime of the interesting.groups/* files rather
than the mtime, when it comes to unsubscribing. Use ls -lc, or use chown
or chmod if you want to set the ctime to "current".

[...]

> In the time I wasn't useing leafnode various things have been updated on
> my machine (from the bash shell to the kernel several times) but neither
> Leafnode nor Slrn have been changed.

Maybe not changing leafnode is also a problem... which version are you
running? Check http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/ for leafnode-1
versions and http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ for leafnode-2
versions, and look at the NEWS file (or the ChangeLog.txt for
leafnode-2) to see if there have been fixes related to your problem.