Re: [leafnode-list] only_groups_pcre - used for negation?

Monique Y. Herman said:
> Hi all!  Hoping you can help me.
>
> I just installed leafnode about two days ago for my own use, and opened
> it up to a friend's use yesterday.  Imagine my shock and horror (okay,
> more like bemusement) when I realized that he'd subscribed to an mp3
> group and leafnode was sucking down data for hours on end.
[snip]
> So, I would like to use a regular expression and only_groups_pcre to
> block all groups containing the words "binaries" or "mp3" (I should
> probably extend that to "warez", etc ... thoughts on good groups to
> exclude?)  But I'm a pcre novice, and I keep screwing up the regex.

Brute force also works.
http://www.fredi.de/maillist/msg00030.html

"...I would just edit the script calling
fetchnews to do a "rm /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/alt.binaries.*"
before fetching."

Extended as needed.
--
William Hooper