Re: [leafnode-list] Moderated groups problem

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, David Aldred wrote:

> uk.religion.christian 0000000508 0000000002 m
>
> ...so that looks OK, then.

Correct!

> What I could really do with is a way of 'tracking' a message through the
> system once I've hit 'post' in Knode.  Should it sit somewhere until the
> next fetchnews run (even if it's supposed to be being sent by mail to a
> moderator), or does (should!) the MTA send it off instantly?

newsq

should show it (the article is in /var/spool/news/out.going assuming you
have things in the default places)

I'd try running
/usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -vvvv -P		-- again assuming an
			  			   installed location
(is that too many v's?) and see what it says, it might be good to set
debugmode in /etc/leafnode/config to 128? first

I assume this is running on your current machine (with a mail system
installed)? /var/log/news/news.notice and /var/log/mail/... are probably
worth checking too if it does go.

I thought that the message nskou2-msb.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was
posted using %s via moderation or did it only work briefly?

Robert
--
Robert Marshall