[leafnode-list] Re: Should touch_newsgroup touch the first or last article in the group?

On 2006-05-12, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:

> - if you want to keep the group subscribed, you shouldn't need any
>   script with recent versions.

I think you're saying the following.

1. When slrn (in my case) polls the leafnode server to see if leafnode
has new articles in the groups that are subscribed in slrn and
leafnode responds with "no new articles" in alt.foo.bar, for example,
that polling is sufficient to "touch" the group so that it remains
listed in '/var/spool/news/interesting.groups/' even if texpire has
emptied out '/var/spool/news/alt/foo/bar/'.

2. As long I run slrn slightly more often than the expiry cycle of a
group in leafnode, leafnode will still consider the group
"interesting" even if the group gets a new article even less
frequently than its expiry cycle.

Correct?

--
Thanks,