[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode2 filtering ability

Troy Piggins <troy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I only recently installed leafnode 1.11.3 (Ubuntu package).  Works fine, but I
> was hoping for a little better filtering capabilities than just the one line
> regex method.  And I understand v1.x is just in maintenance mode with no new
> features to be added.

Well, it seems you figured the upgrade might work by yourself -- sorry
for my delay in getting back.

> I'm curious what filtering capabilities v2 will bring.  I saw something about
> expression =  and action =, but the documentation seems a little scant and
> couldn't find answers to my questions.
>
> Could someone help me out here?  Should I install v2 now?  I understand it's
> alpha/beta stages now, so stability is OK?

It's stable in that it doesn't crash, but its interfaces and
configuration files are unstable and might change without prior notice
and compatibility with prior snapshots is not my prime directive. I'm
not making changes without reasons though.