[leafnode-list] Re: fetchnews -vvv OK but not telneting ?

Yvon Thoraval <yvon_thoraval@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Yvon Thoraval <yvon_thoraval@xxxxxxx> writes:
>>

>> Check /etc/leafnode (or wherever your configuration file resides)
>> instead. Then confirm the user account that your inetd.conf, xinetd.conf
>> or similar file (that starts the actual server on port 119) is suitable
>> (news in your case).
>>

> over MacOS X the latest xinetd is obsolete, in fact i've downloaded a
> package writen by "Jens Kutilek" it's using launchd and a plist (sort of
> xml) lying in "/Library/LaunchDaemons" he use the correct way to do that
> those days.
>
> everytning seems to be fine,  except i'can't telnet leafnode, obviously
> i've asked to "Jens Kutilek" but didn't get any answer at the time of
> xriting, may he is on vacation or change is email address ???

I don't know. And unfortunately, I know nothing about launchd and its
details - what you need is something that listens on a TCP socket on
port 119 (or some other by your choice) and if some client connects
there, runs leafnode and hands it the socket.