[leafnode-list] Re: Duplicate posting to a moderated group

Am 19.06.2009, 11:28 Uhr, schrieb Adam Funk <a24061@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I've used telnet and the "list active" NNTP command to check my
> upstream servers: one of them has the group incorrectly marked "y";
> the others have "m".  (I've reported this to astraweb, but they
> haven't fixed it yet.)

Pity :-(

> If I manually change the flag in my local groupinfo file, will it stay
> that way until leafnode next completely rebuilds it?

Yes, it will - but don't change it while fetchnews or texpire or other
programs except leafnode (the NNTP daemon) are running.

> Or should I edit the problematic server's only_groups_pcre to exclude
> this group (and run `fetchnews -f`, of course)?  I suppose this change
> should do it (since I don't depend on that upstream server for any
> groups with "moderated" in the name):
>
> only_groups_pcre =
> ^([\+\-\w]+)(\.[\+\-\w]+(?<!binaries|binary|mp3|warez|binares|binarios|binari|binair))*$
> --->
> only_groups_pcre =
> ^([\+\-\w]+)(\.[\+\-\w]+(?<!binaries|binary|mp3|warez|binares|binarios|binari|binair|moderated))*$

That is one possibility; another would be to set noactive for astraweb,
unless that site carries group you subscribe to that no other site has.

HTH