[leafnode-list] Re: Duplicate posting to a moderated group

On 2009-06-19, Adam Funk wrote:

> On 2009-06-17, Adam Funk wrote:
>
>> Is this potential problem still in existence?  I suspect that one of
>> my upstream servers does not have a moderated group flagged
>> correctly.  How do I tell whether leafnode knows it's moderated or
>> not?
>
> I've checked my groupinfo file: leafnode does not think
> uk.legal.moderated is moderated (it has "y" instead of "m").
> Or should I edit the problematic server's only_groups_pcre to exclude
> this group (and run `fetchnews -f`, of course)?  I suppose this change
> should do it (since I don't depend on that upstream server for any
> groups with "moderated" in the name):
>
> only_groups_pcre = ^([\+\-\w]+)(\.[\+\-\w]+(?<!binaries|binary|mp3|warez|binares|binarios|binari|binair))*$

I decided to do this and it fixed the problem, but now I have a
question: how does leafnode 2 decide how to flag a group if it gets
conflicting information from the upstream servers?  I suspect that my
problem started when I switched from leafnode 1 to 2 (using the same
servers) but I'm not certain.