[leafnode-list] Re: Installation/configuration problems, help please

Am 16.10.2009, 22:35 Uhr, schrieb John R. Myers <jmyers@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I recently went through this exercise. Check these settings.

Hi Jack,

you help is much appreciated.

I'd like to set the records straight for nslookup though - it's unusable
for debugging in many configurations do to the way it works internally.
host or dig are better alternatives, even ping may work better.

> $ nslookup localhost
> Name:   localhost
> Address: 127.0.0.1
>
> $ grep nntp /etc/inetd.conf
> nntp stream tcp nowait news /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/sbin/leafnode

Some systems will use xinetd instead, then it's not so easy because xinetd
supports include files and things can be in /etc/xinetd.conf or
/etc/xinetd.d/* files and look differently (sample in the docs).