[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode 2 not creating "all_links" in gmane hierarchy.

On 2011-05-09, Christian Ebert wrote:

> * Adam Funk on Monday, May 09, 2011 at 10:37:33 +0100
>> I'm running leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20090908a.luascript with  the line
>> "create_all_links = 1" uncommented in my config file, but for some
>> reason I'm not getting gmane.spam.detected in my Xref headers.
>>
>> For example, one of the messages in my spool includes these headers
>>
>> #v+
>> Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,gmane.spam.detected
>> #v-
>
> Are you sure gmane.spam.detected is a valid group name?
>
> http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=gmane.spam.detected
>
> turns up empty.

Well, it's what gmane tells you to use!

   All messages are run through SpamAssassin to determine whether they
   are spam messages or not. Messages that SpamAssassin say are spam
   are cross-posted to the gmane.spam.detected group. If you're
   reading the Gmane groups through a news reader, you can instruct it
   to kill/score articles based on the Xref header. Just kill all
   messages that match gmane.spam.detected.

http://gmane.org/filter.php

>> and there is *no* gmane/spam/detected directory in the news spool at
>> all.  Any idea what I'm missing?  AFAICT, leafnode is "creating all
>> links" for non-gmane groups.  My gmane config does include the
>> following constraint, but that should match gmane.spam.detected too.
>>
>> #v+
>> server = news.gmane.org
>> only_groups_pcre = (gmane\.|control\.)
>> #v-
>
> Another shot in the dark: do you need the luascript part? I
> stayed with leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20081229a because later versions
> had problems, at least when used without luascript. But this has
> come up here already.

Sorry, my leafnode is compiled with lua disabled; here's the full
output of leafnode-version:

#v+
version: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20090908a.luascript
current machine: Linux bunsen 2.6.35-28-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 18 19:00:26 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
bindir: /usr/local/bin
sysconfdir: /etc/news/leafnode2
default spooldir: /var/spool/news
IPv6: yes