[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode cannot find the host
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode cannot find the host
- From: Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:23:31 +0200
- Authentication-results: krusty.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de (amavisd-new); dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 11:23:38 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=o0HpkYYqXqqnI3I/QocuOcv15E3lW9SmoPZsnBW+otQ=; b=nemPgVq8cYe40eleC+ofhyVTAJK/eHWHm0O6iykLOiK52D/vmh4z2E0ZL7vCAuTZDp 2GrrXHdkB3zyDEJq7Iibj49yeSzJduW8iMik4+LzuhEZpQ9h9V6JvLFZJ93n1jlt9rql r92d83kLw7UWmc/roOKGAdpRZVKLKrj46myjoOovEHtRkroKF6nSIYyhf9iEWG3L2YGS 4GL9w4oITEVQXEDclgoO/nuyxjie5X9BvSHVZoUk5FOmScbRvi8P3qy5lH5gvmN2SPAK fPa7fIaE8e8qnkp8NPgJhVdIzBBlprFMdVVd4LQOQ8MdWUzsNptb5RIpgj64ug/qyRhf W/xA==
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I did everything you said, but ltrace revealed the bug. So I do not
think the other information is interesting any-more.
You can use:
server = news.kpn.nl
But when you use:
server = news.kpn.nl # some comment
you got the error I mentioned. So I think leafnode should be amended
to handle comments correctly.
2013/7/4 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>:
> Am 29.06.2013 17:56, schrieb Cecil Westerhof:
>> I just changed to fiber. Because of this I had to change the news server.
>> When fetching news I get the following:
>> news.kpn.nl : connecting to port nntp...
>> warning: news.kpn.nl : cannot resolve host name: Name or service not known
>> news.kpn.nl : connection failed.
>> 188.8.131.52 : connecting to port nntp...
>> 184.108.40.206 : connected to 220.127.116.11:119, reply: 200
>> 18.104.22.168 : connected.
>> news.kpn.nl has (at the moment) the ip-adres 22.214.171.124, but this
>> could change. What could be the problem?
> Hi Cecil,
> there is not enough information to debug this from my end, and things
> work for me, except that news.kpn.nl responds with code 201 and then 480
> (authentication required) - but my fetchnews does resolve news.kpn.nl.
> If your operating system is outdated, that might be a problem. I can
> only support leafnode on operating systems that are still in the regular
> support period.
> Are you, by chance, on a network that is IPv6-only, meaning: does your
> computer still have a routable IPv4 address? fetchnews does set
> AI_ADDRCONFIG in the getaddrinfo() call, and that will only look up IPv4
> addresses if your local computer running fetchnews has one (and
> news.kpn.nl does not have IPv6 addresses).
> Beyond that, I need, among other information:
> - the output of leafnode-version -v
> - how you installed leafnode
> - possibly your /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/host.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf (if
> - possibly an ltrace or sotruss output (you may need to install that,
> and I suspect there may not be equivalents on the *BSDs) near the place
> where you find news.kpn.nl.
> - the output of "ifconfig". Feel free to remove hardware addresses (MAC
> addresses, those 01:23:45:67:89:AB addresses), and feel free to change
> some crucial parts of the externally visible addresses to XX (but not
> their first two bytes, or the first three byte groups in IPv6).
>> By the way
>> telnet news.kpn.nl nntp
>> does work.
> What does telnet do differently than fetchnews?
> Best regards
> Matthias Andree
> leafnode-list mailing list
leafnode-list mailing list