[leafnode-list] Fwd: Re: No address associated with hostname

GMail send it to the wrong address. :'-(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2017-05-25 4:08 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] Re: No address associated with hostname
To: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>

> Am 22.05.2017 um 20:47 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:
> > I migrated to another machine and now leafnode does not work anymore.
> >
> > With âfetchnews -vvvvâ I get (I renamed my fqdn):
> > leafnode 1.11.10: verbosity level is 4, debugmode is 0
> > try_lock(timeout=5), fqdn="demo.example.com"
> > news: connecting to port nntp...
> > warning: news: cannot resolve host name: No address associated with
> hostname
> > news: connection failed.
> > WARNING: some servers have not been queried!
> > wrote active file with 29971 lines
> > Started process to update overview data in the background.
> > Network activity has finished.
> >

> > What is happening here and how do I solve that?
> >

> Your resolver is not getting "news" resolved (from server = news) to an
> address.

âNope, the line is:
    server   = news.eternal-september.org

> Has your /etc/resolv.conf changed (or been changed, for instance through
> resolvconf) such that it lost a domain statement, the "search" order was
> changed, or something else, or was /etc/nsswitch.conf or /etc/host.conf
> changed or /etc/hosts? Else there will have been changes to the DNS.

âIt works when using:
   âtelnet news.eternal-september.org nntp
that gives:
    Trying 213.239.209.88...
    Connected to news.eternal-september.org.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    200 news.eternal-september.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.7.0
(20170224 snapshot) ready (posting ok)â

So I would think the problem is not one of the /etc configuration files.

--
Cecil Westerhof

--
Cecil Westerhof