Re: [leafnode-list] Feature request.

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 tmcd@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Giulio Orsero <giulioo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In a newsgroup I saw a post in which someone suggested to a "suck"
> > user to put "...-C 100 in get-news.."  in order to bypass the
> > problem of INN servers doing this slowdown; that is suck would do
> > something like download only 100 articles at a time.  Could
> > something similar be added to fetch?
>
> Um, that seems like an abuse of sorts, to try to deliberately
> circumvent their policies (and since it's their feed, they have every
> right to set such conditions as they like).  Can you lobby the ISP to
> reduce the slowdown?

A lot of ISP's don't even know about it. It's the default configuration.
Have you ever tried to get an ISP to change something? The only one I ever
got cooperation from was a 2 person operation. The bigger ones don't care
unless a lot of customers complain.

Greg Weeks
--
http://durendal.tzo.com/greg/