Re: [leafnode-list] Feature request.

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Giulio Orsero <giulioo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In a newsgroup I saw a post in which someone suggested to a "suck"
> user to put "...-C 100 in get-news.."  in order to bypass the
> problem of INN servers doing this slowdown; that is suck would do
> something like download only 100 articles at a time.  Could
> something similar be added to fetch?

Um, that seems like an abuse of sorts, to try to deliberately
circumvent their policies (and since it's their feed, they have every
right to set such conditions as they like).  Can you lobby the ISP to
reduce the slowdown?

--
                   *** NEW HOME E-MAIL ADDRESS ***
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd@xxxxxxxx;