Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews fails to download bodies

Cornelius Krasel writes:

> If an fopen() is performed successfully on a file, does this affect
> the atime and mtime of the file?

Not on a Posix-compliant system or a traditional Unix system; only read
and write affect atime and mtime.

> a) Wouldn't it be more efficient to open the file first and then doing
>    fstat()?

Yes.

> c) Can this code
> 	return ( havepath && havemsgid && havefrom && haveng );
>    also be written without the brackets, i.e. is it ensured that
>    the logical expression will be evaluated first and the result
>    being returned?

Yes.  return is a statement that includes an expression, it is not an
expression itself, so the parse is unambiguous.

-Larry Jones

I stand FIRM in my belief of what's right!  I REFUSE to
compromise my principles! -- Calvin