Re: [leafnode-list] wish lists?

>If your setup is typical, then you are probably allowed to post to
>servers a and c but not to server b. fetchnews figures this out by
>itself and will not try to deliver any articles to server b. Further-
>more, leafnode will detect whether certain groups are only present
>on certain servers (possibly server-c in your example above which
>seems to hold only isp2.* groups) and therefore not attempt posting
>of articles to other groups to this server.
>
>If your setup is more complicated, things may differ, but in that
>case, it has not been asked for very frequently.

Ah, I can post to server-b, but do not wish to.  Also, the groups isp1.*
and isp2.* exist on all the servers, because other people have accidentally
created them, but they are not propagated, and they should only be on the
relevant servers.

For example, one batch of groups are called ntl.*, and while they do exist
on many servers, only users of the NTL ISP can post to them on the NTL
servers, and so I wish to restrict posting of them to server-c.

Ah well.

Tony Evans
--
Want to buy a house in Stockton on Tees? £32,950? Mail me.
A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never