Re: [leafnode-list] connection refused

"Mathias Ruppel" <mathias.ruppel@xxxxxx> writes:

> B. inetd -d resulted in
>    ADD: nntp proto=tcp, wait.max=0.256 user:group=news.wheel builtin=0
> server=/usr/bin/tcpd

There we go, I have two ideas. Does leafnode try to become group news
perhaps and fails because either the user news is not in the group news
or because the user news has no setgid permission?

Try news.news in your inetd.conf and try adding the user news to group
news. To aid debugging, use strace, ktrace or truss, depending on your
system.

If everything fails, get tcpserver, http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html, then

tcpserver 127.0.0.1 119 /usr/local/sbin/leafnode

will do just about the same.

On Linux boxes with nscd, use nscd -i group after the change or restart
nscd (or just kill it, it always gets in the way anyways).