[leafnode-list] leafnode 2.0b8_ma9rc3 (final)

Hi,

I just uploaded the final release candidate for leafnode 2.0b8_ma9,
2.0b8_ma9rc3, to http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/

I plan to release 2.0b8_ma9 on late (CET) Thursday or on Friday because
I'm away from any computer next week, so beat this one hard.

Nothing spectacular, just another batch of Ralf Wildenhues' splint
annotations and bugfixes (memory leaks), I also renamed some functions
and variables to prevent collisions with future C extensions, but that
should not change externally-visible behaviour.

I'd like to thank Ralf Wildenhues again for providing me with so many
fixes and doing so much lclint/splint checking since I've released
2.0b8_ma8.

Of course, I also thank the splint developers. splint is a free static C
checker, successor to lclint, find it at http://www.splint.org/

Here's the ChangeLog excerpt:

2002-01-14  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>

	* *: keep clear of is* and str* name spaces to prevent future
	collisions.

	* mergesort.c: Fix up EVAL errno.h namespace pollution, rename to
	eval.

	* xoverutil.c: Drop arpa/inet.h (xoverutil does not need it).
	Allocate overview for current+1 instead of current, patch by Ralf
	Wildenhues.

	* nntputil.c: Exempt arpa/inet.h from splint, patch by Ralf
	Wildenhues.

	* nntpd.c: Exempt arpa/inet.h from splint, patch by Ralf
	Wildenhues.

	* miscutil.c: Ralf Wildenhues: Introduce TESTMODE to skip uid/gid
	changes.

	* masock_*.c: Exempt arpa/inet.h from splint, patch by Ralf
	Wildenhues.
	* masock.h: Exempt arpa/inet.h from splint, patch by Ralf
	Wildenhues.

	* .lclintrc: Switch to -weak for now.
	* fetchnews.c (processupstream): use closeinteresting on write
	error, patch by Ralf Wildenhues.
	* critmem.h: Include config.h, patch by Ralf Wildenhues.
	* checkgroups.c: Minor fixes by Ralf Wildenhues.
	* mergesort.c: Fix types. Code is now splint -weak clean.

- --

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin