Re: [leafnode-list] SIGCHLD, read EOF, and checking EINTR

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg schrieb am Dienstag, den 05. Februar 2002:

> > It's just checking for
> > normal error conditions. Generally good practice.
>
> True, but then getline may not be the only place to fix, just a starting
> point, I'll have to go figure first.

Ah. Good point. I had thought all reading from the relevant stream went
through getline.

> [...] I don't currently know of a better way to figure if a PID exists.

I agree that kill(pid, 0) is the right way to do that.  I'm just
speculating (without really testing) where the EOF with EINTR (instead of
client drop) is coming from.  I don't have a firm grasp on that.  I'm just
pointing out that it may not be a SIGCHLD after all.

I really haven't made an effort to understand the layout of the code, and
I've never done any sort of network programming anyway, so I'm even if I'd
made an effort, I'm not sure I would be able to say anything useful.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this.

Cheers,

-j

--