Re: [leafnode-list] 2.08b: Unknown reply to XOVER command

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:51:48AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Still, NEWNEWS support was desired by some people, I recall, for
> demon.co.uk, right?

Yes.

> If so, we'd need to take care of that crap. I put a note in the
> (disabled) NEWNEWS section of my code.

I think a per server usenewnews option in the config would be the
easiest and best (considering code readability) solution. Using
NEWNEWS as the default method to retrieve articles is IMHO not
ideal. Some servers on which NEWNEWS is expensive might allow to
use it. This will decrease perfomance not only on their but also
on our side.

Regards,
        Jo:rg

--
       ---===  Encrypted mail welcome. Key-ID: 1024D/2B693EBF  ===---
Fortune cookie of the day: