Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode User's Morale

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 21:33, Matthias Andree wrote:

> I have had over 100 downloads of leafnode 1.9 since the release of
> 1.9.20.rc5, but there is virtually NO feedback of the "builds, but does
> not work", "builds and works", "cannot build it" kind at all.

You're right, the only thing I have to say is that I hate to reply with
"It doesn't work" without getting into details, and trying to come out
with a decent bug description takes some time. Unfortunately,
maintaining the leafnode installation for my small company is at the
bottom of my priorities.

At this point, I can say that RC8 doesn't work on my platform (RC5 does)
and I'm investigating why.

On a general level, we are very grateful with the level of work and
support you and other authors put (now and in the past) into leafnode,
so please don't take silence as a lack of passion. :-)

--
Alessio F. Bragadini		alessio@xxxxxxxxxxxx
APL Financial Services		http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
		-- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925