[leafnode-list] rnews -- usage?

Hello *,

I'm currently trying to install leafnode-2.0-snapshot-20020715a.tar.bz2
on an uucp-only system.

After some minor tweaking (rnews wouldn't decompress gzip'ed batches,
support for bzip2[1]) the batches are accepted and the actual files are
written to ${spool}/message.id/... (store_stream returns 0).

However, the 'real' directories for the different groups aren't being
created.

My only changes to the supplied config.example were to disable the
"server"-directive and to enable "no-direct-spool", since my uucp-host
is feeding my own articles back to me.

Because this is supposed to be a uucp-only system, I don't have an
up-to-date "groupinfo" -- should I use an "active" or "newsgroups"
file, and convert it into "groupinfo"-format? Do I need to put anything
in ${spool}/interesting.groups? What other steps are necessary for uucp
to work?

Anybody enjoying a working uucp-setup and able to give me some
pointers?

 - Tim

[1] diff available, but I'm not very skilled writing C... :-\