[leafnode-list] Newbie Q: Sometimes seek error ?

Greetings all,

I've just installed leafnode and started to play with it, and it
looks awesome. I need it because my ISP rotates the newsgroups too
quickly for my taste, so I'm buffering them :-)

Anyways, I have leafnode set to fetchnews 3 times per hour. It
usually works fine, but every once in a while I get the following
errors in /var/log/warn at the same time (sorry for the long lines):
-------
fetchnews[15793]: NNTP server went away while waiting for response: Illegal seek
fetchnews[15793]: news.bredband.net: error, server replied to MODE READER: "(null)"
-------

It doesn't happen every time, and it doesn't even happen once every
hour, it seems to happen spontaneously.  It happens on pure fetches,
ie nothing to post.

System: SuSE 8.0, leafnode 2.0b8_ma9 with default config, KNode 0.71,
inetd, tcpd.

Any hints about what I'm doing wrong ? Is there perhaps something in
the config-file that I can do to remedy this situation ?

thanks in advance,
Anders Jarnberg in Stockholm, Sweden