Re: [leafnode-list] What happens on a crash?

On 12/08/2003 13:58:10 Doug Laidlaw wrote:

>As regards setting the FQDN, I also found out something in the last
couple of
>days.  In Debian, all that is required is to edit /etc/hostname.  Neither
Red
>Hat nor Mandrake (which is based on Red Hat anyway) has /etc/hostname,
only
>/etc/hosts.  According to the post, Red Hat sets its hostname somewhere
in
>the sysconfig group of files.  Mandrake is no doubt similar - I haven't
>looked.  I change the hostname with linuxconf, but I have to add the new
>hostname to /etc/hosts.

/etc/sysconfig/network

File has the format

    NETWORKING=yes
    HOSTNAME=your.own.fqdn
    GATEWAY=ip.no.of.gw

/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/hosts

with the usual host file format.

Both are used buy the init scripts.  Using linuxconf as you did should
have changed them apropriately.

Matthew