[leafnode-list] Newbie question - 2 - fetching groups

This may be more of a fetchnews issue, but:

It seems that everytime I run fetchnews, it downloads the complete group list
from my ISP's news server before downloading messages, which naturally takes
a long time (45k+ groups). Is there any way to stop it doing this? I presume
'noactive = 1' has nothing to do with this.

--
+a
Steve