[leafnode-list] Re: automatically x-post to local group?

clemens fischer <ino-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:54:36 +0200 Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> clemens fischer schrieb am 2008-08-01:
>>
>>> could leafnode make an exception to this rule for _local_ newsgroups?
>>> oh, well, i think i'd have to cook some scripting up, then ...
>>
>> It'd then have to mark and later automatically supersede the local
>> copy when the official moderator article appears. Looks quite ugly to
>> me.
>
> it is ugly when viewed from the standpoint of the USENET as a whole.
> what i want to achieve is just a local copy of everything going out,
> where this local copy would never hit the 'net.  i'd consider this
> "local policy" with no bearing on anybody offsite.

Sure. But: I have to automatically supersede local article copies once
externals come in, without creating loopholes in dupe detection or
superseding articles that have another origin than this "local copy for
archival purposes".

> plus: people would know that articles in local.archive may or may not
> have appeared some place else, but they'd know these articles were
> sent off.  i would not even _want_ superseeding to work.  "people",
> this is just me in this context.

Hum *shrug*

> come on, you have predicates like "is_localgroup(group_name)", and
> you're learned and far from simple, this can't be a technical problem.
> 8-)

It is a tech problem, and certainly solvable.
I'm not convinced that I want to do something hackish though...

Best