[leafnode-list] Re: authentication questions

(sorry for beeing late)

On Thu-2009/01/29-00:22 Matthias Andree wrote:

> Eric S. Johansson schrieb am 2009-01-23:
>
>> Matthias Andree wrote:
>> >
>> > Not at the moment, that's on the TODO list.
>>
>>  so, you're telling me that if I need it, I should roll up my sleeves
>>  etc..  :-)
>
> Feel free, but I'm not expecting that, particularly not if you suffer
> from RSI.
>
>> Seriously, could this be done from the lua extension environment or
>> do I need to relearn C/C++? [1]
>
> C for the nonce; WRT the Lua extension, that's for Clemens to answer.
> I haven't yet had the time to fully understand the Lua extension's
> capabilities.

using Lua to do this would not even be all that hard, but ATM only
fetchnews is instrumented.  This was my highest priority, because
I needed spam-filtering, base64 decoding etc.

The other "big" components of leafnode, ie. leafnode(8) and texpire(8)
have no lua hooks.  Matthias, does leafnode(8) have a nice central place
where all the music is launched from, like the store article function in
fetchnews?

clemens