[leafnode-list] Will 2.x address these issues?

Hi Guys.

I'm currently running leafnode as installed by leafnode-1.9.18-3mdk.i586.rpm
(the package that comes with Mandrake 8.0).

It has a lot of features that I really love, but a few aspects that cause me
problems due to my news requirements.

The reason for this post is to see if my 'issues' are addressed in release
2.x.  I'm not familiar enough with Linux, etc. to risk running the beta
versions...

My problems are these:

1. Posting and fetching all take place sequentially.
News articles are posted, then retrieved.  If a local user posts a large
binary file then no news is fetched until posting completes.  With only
256Kbps upstream, this can be a problem.  It would be useful if posting and
fetching were separate tasks that could run independently on the cron.

2. It does not populate itself from it's own posts.
If a local user posts a large binary, the post is first uploaded to my ISP's
server, then that same post is downloaded from my ISP's server.  This can be
a huge waste of time and bandwidth.  It would be useful if queued articles
could be streamed to the locally stored group from the queue.

3. I cannot restrict which groups are available.
All newsgroups that are carried by my ISP are carried by leafnode.  The
server will be used by my two young sons (12 and 13), so obviously I want to
restrict their access.

It may clarify things if I explain exactly what I am doing with it.

My kids are big Pokemon fans (don't ask!)  and love the newsgroup
alt.binaries.pokemon as people post the show episodes there.  Each episode is
about 100Mb in size, hence there are some HUGE binary posts.  I want to use
leafnode to download articles as they are posted, to save my prime-time
bandwidth when the kids see their favorite episode available for download.

However, I also want to keep the kids locked out of the 'bad' groups.

Will 2.x address these issues?

Thanks!

Regards,
Ozz.