Re: [leafnode-list] texpire isn't working

OK Matthias.  You were doing so well at reading English that I didn't realize
that you weren't fluent.

Second question first: the options in /etc/fstab/ for the ReiserFS partitions
are:
	reiserfs notail 1 2

These are the distro's default settings.  I had no particular reason to
choose ReiserFS except that it was available, and the general opinion seemed
to be that it was a Good Thing.  I don't really understand it.

As regards the first point:

I have Leafnode 1.9.20.rc6 running under Mandrake Linux 8.1.  When I raised
this earlier I was running a CyrixInstead 6x86.  That system regularly did
strange things.  I now have a Pentium II at 233 MHz with no change in this
particular behaviour.

My /etc/leafnode/config is perfectly standard.  Apart from setting the
upstream servername,  the only change I have made is to turn on delaybody.

I have not set any groupexpire times.

My newsreader is Knode with default settings.  These are to keep read
articles 10 days and to keep unread articles 15 days.  As an experiment, I
turned off "Expire old articles automatically" with no effect on this
problem.  (KNode help doesn't mention this setting.  The default is ON.)

If I read (that's pronounced "reed") a newly downloaded article with Knode,
it is available only until I exit Knode.  Next time I look, it no longer
exists, and the article number has been deleted from the relevant list in
/var/spool/news.

This does not seem to be a problem involving texpire, which I can run
manually quite OK.  I am not sure whether it was there before I used
ReiserFS.  I was having other problems with Leafnode then, which have all
gone away.  I just thought that the new factor might be responsible.

I suppose that to pin it down, I should at least try another newsreader, but
i would prefer a GUI for normal use.

I also need to generate some debug logs.

Regards,

Doug.