Re: [leafnode-list] Re: mail2news

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:22:30AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Question: how does mail2news address the case that a "cross-posting"
> shows up on two of the mailing lists that it converts? Reusing the

It will cross-post to the news groups. This might cause problems
when the gateqay is set up as a two way gate in which follow-up
articles are sent to the mailing list address as the moderator
address. In this case only one mailing list (the first in the
Newsgroups: header) will the receive the follow-up.

> Message-ID is a problem for such cases. I once read a document on the
> conditions that allow to transform the Message-ID, References,
> In-Reply-To:, ... in a reproducible and reversible way in this case
> (presumably by adding the group name and the host name); I don't quite
> recall what it was, it may have been written by Bettina Fink; in any
> case, the discussion had taken place on

thanks, I shall look for it.

-- Jo:rg

> --
> Matthias Andree
>
> Encrypt your mail: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95
> --

       ---===  Encrypted mail preferred. Key-ID: 1024D/2B693EBF  ===---
Fortune cookie of the day:
Counting in octal is just like counting in decimal--if you don't use your thumbs.
		-- Tom Lehrer