Re: [leafnode-list] texpire failing to expire

Robert Marshall <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> But I thought the -f flag overrode that behaviour? Maybe there needs to be
> a -ff to ignore threading or at least the man entry should mention that -f
> takes threading into account

such as this perhaps?

       -f     Expire  will  look at the arrival time of the arti-
              cles rather than at the access  time.  Expiry  will
              still be thread-based.

An option to switch off keeping whole threads would be simple, another,
more complex approach would be that of a second expire date; thinking of
the old and new limits as "soft" and "hard", the soft limit would let
unread articles in unread threads expire, the hard would apply to the
unread article regardless of when the thread was read for the last time.

Is the simple solution (just switch off threading in texpire) sufficient?

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)